Thank you for your interest in Venezia! If you’re interested in any of the positions below, please print and fill out the Application below and return it to the person specified in the job description.
Summary: To actively recruit and process new drivers, both company and owner operators, while adhering to established guidelines, through a designed sales process with assistance via telemarketing, internet access, advertisement, follow up, referrals, PIDA driving schools.
A. List primary duties in order of priority.
- Recruit and process quality driver applicants at a rate of 223 company drivers minimum and 55 owner operators.
- Recruit and process qualified drivers in the specific areas they are needed.
- Recruit and process qualified drivers in the specific division they are needed.
- Recruit and process qualified drivers in the specific job they are needed.
- Communicate to Operations regarding the placing and logistics of getting a potential new hire to orientation.
- Communicate with Operations daily on their needs for new hires of both company and owner operator drivers.
- Be aware of the transportation industry as a whole: where we stand in comparison to other companies as far as pay, benefits and working conditions.
- Answer recruiting lines in an enthusiastic and positive manner on or before the third ring.
- Take complete phone applications for pre-qualified drivers according to the marketing plan.
- Process phone applications according to policies and procedures.
- Check references and secure proof of employment.
- Request MVR and DAC reports.
- Keep in constant touch with drivers that are “in the process”.
- Maintain records regarding vital statistics of drivers calling in on a daily basis (i.e., name, address, experience).List Secondary Duties
- Report results of the prior week to immediate supervisor no later than 9 a.m. each Monday.
- Arrange hotel accommodations for potential new hires.
- Arrange transportation for potential new hires.
- Request reimbursement, when applicable, for mileage expenses for drivers traveling to orientation.
- Keep all turned down applications in alphabetical order and enter into computer for daily record keeping at your fingertips.
- File all turned down applications for long-term record keeping.
- On a monthly basis send out letters to pre-approved applicants